Infrastructure Security Architect
Unique mastery and recognized authority on subject matter knowledge in Information Security including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for Information Security in software system design, image creation, data distribution, data management and personal system manufacturing across multiple platforms and organizations within Personal System Group Operations (PSGO).
- Apply Security Measure rigorously on all processes, tool and systems developed and maintained by PSGO to build and ship personal systems to customer; continuously seek mitigation quickly to all new developed attacks and threats to ensure HP products are protected and secure.
- Clearly explain HP Supply Chain Security strategy and practices to convince HP customer that their data are secured, and HP products are protected from cyber attacks and threats.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Training in Information Security with at least one of these Certifications: CEH, CISSP, CISM.
- 10+ years experience in engineering, infrastructure, with minimum 3 years in Information Security
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and developing software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of software design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top