Infrastructure Architect and DevOps Lead
This position can be seated in Houston, Austin, San Diego, Corvallis or Vancouver, WA
Job Description Summary
Infrastructure Architect and DevOps Lead experienced with infrastructure technologies, database technologies, Java, Tomcat, JBOSS, certificate management, and DevOps.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- Multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- Tablets, phablets, notebooks
- Mobile workstations
We are seeking an Infrastructure Architect and DevOps Lead to join our team and help drive successful delivery of an online ordering application for consumer printer ink and toner supplies supporting the sales eco-system including partner resellers and channel management solutions.
- Responsible for infrastructure roadmap, ensure best in class availability
- Ensure adequate system monitoring is in place, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,
- Ensure all infrastructure meets security requirements to identify any possible intrusions; adhere to IT corporate standards; review, recommend, and implement security systems and tools in support of the company's security policies
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex infrastructure and systems issues as escalated.
- Manage hardware escalations. Coordinate and communicate with impacted parties Resolve to conclusion infrastructure related issues.
- Manage schedule of OS patches and upgrades, upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Ensure system software and hardware is upgraded as needed in coordination with the development team
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures. Ensure that policies are adhered to.
- Deploy new code to production servers and coordinate with affected parties.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Plan for disaster contingencies and be prepared to act if a disaster occurs. (DR)
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Systems Engineering Knowledge (Infrastructure environment, Operating Systems, Hardware, Network, software)
- Familiarity with database technologies, SQL, Oracle some SQL programming knowledge
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Problem management knowledge
- Good presentation skills
- Estimating, resource planning
- Familiarity with web technologies as it relates to Certificates
- TCP/IP Network concepts and config
- Experience with the deployment of some or all the following technologies
- Installing/Configuring DevOps environments
- Experience in Agile software development using Scrum/Jira Kanban
- Experience in working in DevOps environment
- Experience with Business Continuity and High Availability solutions
- Experience in application production support, trouble tickets initiation & resolution process
- Good working knowledge of Infrastructure environment and had experience in Site-to-Site and/or Zone-to-Zone setup and operability.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a complex IT infrastructure.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top