Infocenter Technical Consultant with German
At HP we don't just believe in the power of technology. We believe in the power of people when technology works for them. To help you create. To make the digital tangible. To harness the power of human information. At HP we work to make what you do matter even more. At HP we ship more than 1 million printers per week and 48 million PC units annually.
The Value Channel Inside Presales Technical Consultants (or "TC" in short) play a critical role as trusted advisors to our customers and business partners with technical answers and recommendations, plus consultancy and advice.
The Value Channel Inside Presales Technical Consultant role is an entry-level Technical Presales role in the commercial channel organization for new graduates. The candidate should be graduated from a degree within the last 2 years to qualify for this position. This role provides technical presales support on the HP value portfolio of Personal Systems products and solutions, including Workstations, Mobile Workstations, Thin Clients, and Retail Points of Sale. The team provides support in 8 languages across all countries in Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
In this role the candidate will receive continuous face-to-face, hands-on and virtual trainings on technologies, HP's leading products, solutions and services. Trainings will be held in Barcelona and abroad to develop skills and competencies on the latest and most current IT subject areas.
The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for technology and understanding how it works. The candidate should speak German at a native level and English fluently.
The Value Channel Inside Presales Technical Consultant (TC) mission is to support sales opportunities by providing technical guidance via email and telephone, from a central location in Barcelona, to our business partners and HP Channel Sales Representatives on value products, solutions and services. The TC will deliver technical and solution expertise in order to help HP Partners create solutions to win business and provide an excellent level of total customer experience (TCE). The TC will also engage other technical resources (Presales organization, EMEA regional and World Wide Divisional resources, etc) where needed. The TC will provide this support with native level German and with fluent English.
- Provide technical recommendations, direction and guidance on HP value products, solutions and services. This includes HP Workstations, Mobile Workstations, Thin Clients, Retail Point of Sales, Digital Signage, Accessories, relevant software and solutions.
- Answering and tracking technical questions from partners
- Present the advantages of HP's PPS products and solutions.
- Helping sales representatives to respond to customers' requests for information, proposal and Quote (RFI, RFP, RFQ).
- Support sales opportunities with HP Channel Partners requiring an in-depth or technical understanding of HP's offering.
- Propose and help our partners build the most competitive configurations and solutions for our customers
Support partners on the status of technical and environmental regulations
- Deliver trainings to other departments about PPS value products and solutions.
- Raise and manage technical escalations on questions and technical issues which cannot be solved within the Value Channel Inside Technical Consultants team.
- Provide proactive technical updates to the sales community supported.
- Maintain the quality of the service and the total customer experience (TCE).
- Maintain and manage a competitive and appropriate level of technical and professional competence.
- Native German speaker and excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree or equivalent experience preferably in a technical/engineering field
- Current experience and knowledge of computer technologies, hardware, operating systems, software, networking technologies.
- Has good analytical, organizational and team skills
- Works on problems and projects and is detail oriented
- Demonstrates ability to stay focused on goals and objectives
- Is self-motivated and shows an ability to operate with minimal tactical direction
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Motivated to search out knowledge and continuously learn.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top