Industrial Designer, Master
The Industrial Designer, Master, will have unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and design language for industrial design and development across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced partner relationships for alignment with design strategy, technology roadmap, and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; integrates suggestions, updates, and innovations into overall architecture and design language.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced design partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of industrial design innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with application and development of design theories, principles, and concepts for a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer product platforms.
- History of innovation with numerous examples of design excellence.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in architecture of overall product design and technology across multiple product lines.
- Evaluating and selecting processes, standards, and techniques to be used in reviewing designs for alignment with overall product and quality architecture; history of implementing cross- platform and functional changes and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectivelycommunicate process architectures and product formulations, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
- Design, evaluation and selection of most appropriate and effective 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design across organization.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top