Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of industrial design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on industrial design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with industrial design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall industrial design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the industrial design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer product designs
- Evaluate and select 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design across portfolio Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in methodologies for design testing and validation, including sketches, models, storyboards, and prototyping.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall industrial design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top