Industrial Design Manager
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and community around the globe.
GxD is a world class design organization within HP. Within all levels of the print ecosystem, we design iconic experiences for hardware, software, user interfaces, mobile apps and more. The fun doesn't stop there. This team also creates end-to-end customer experiences that encompass photo creations and connected home accessories to cloud services and 3D printed objects.
Who are you? If you are a systems thinker, creative, wildly talented innovator — we need you. You will get the chance to work in every element of design, and to help us shape and impact HP's award winning, channel leading print devices.
If you are our Industrial Design Manager in Singapore, you will have a chance to:
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors creating industrial design solutions and managing design projects for physical hardware products and systems.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- First level university, Bachelor's, or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 10 or more years of related work experience in Industrial or Product Design
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience
- Minimum 5 years in Consumer Electronics Industry especially in Printers highly desired
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top