Indigo remote Support Engineer (Graduate)
Support our Indigo end customers and HP Service workforce on the resolution of technical issues and accelerate the adoption of HP Service Advantage program by building a competitive advantage through a lean support experience in the Digital printing market.
The Remote Support Engineers (RSE's) are part of the Global Care Center organization, responsible for remotely resolving the technical issues of our customers and if needed, identifying, if needed be, the parts required and the convenience of sending a Field Services Engineer (FSE) to repair the product onsite.
Providing quick and effective remote resolutions to our customers, results in a high quality customer experience and optimizes productivity of our customer presses. The RSE works on a virtual ecosystem with our Field Support engineers ensuring that the right solution is delivered at the right time for our customers.
The RSE typically engages with our customers over remote tools (telephone, email and virtual tools) and follows up until customer issue resolution. Support efficiency and effectiveness of the solutions provided by the RSE are key to accomplish our organization goals on Customer Experience, Quality and Cost.
As an Indigo Remote Support Engineer this person will work across the different support functions defining the end-to-end activity leading to the right customer solution.
His/her primary roles are to:
- Provide expert support to remotely resolve hardware and/or software issue for customers, including product calibrations, adjustments, and SW upgrades.
- Trigger an onsite interaction (parts and/or FSE dispatch) in case the issue cannot be fixed remotely. Right diagnosis and parts identification are key to ensure proper handover to the Field Services Engineer.
- Keep customer informed of the status of their case, elevating their issue as needed within the Care Center, and manage the interactions with customers to maximize the Total Customer Experience (TCE). Elevated cases require follow up of RSE to case closure.
- Document case history and interactions with customer in HP's Customer Relationship Mgmt. SW (CRM) to ensure proper handover to field, product/case history tracking and reporting. (Issue, Customer Inputs, Data Gathered, Troubleshooting performed, Diagnostic, Parts Dispatched, Contacts / Follow ups with customer, etc.). Prepare FSE prior to the visit, updating case notes and systems with all troubleshooting steps performed.
- Contribute to maintain the Knowledge Mgmt. System (KMS) sharing the knowledge with the rest of the organization.
- Assist customers on subjects such as product features, specifications, parts info and compatibility, maintenance routines, educational programs and technical aspects in general, based on customer entitlement.
- The RSE has a duty is to build ecosystem with customers and primary field engineers, generating customer relationship/intimacy, which should speed up break and fix issues, consultancy inquiries and will focus on optimization of presses by supporting customer on preventive and maintenance routines. RSE will plan, agree and schedule on site customer visits, to further enhance customer relationship
- Technology provides information to the RSE about customer presses, we can predict potential press failures, the RSE will provide proactive consultancy and education to customers to prevent failures. RSE will plan, and schedule calls to customers under our Preventive support program.
- Main Metrics to measure Remote Support Engineer contribution are: Customer Satisfaction, Diagnostic Accuracy, Remote Resolution Rate, and Efficiency.
This position requires solid technical skills, in order to understand/troubleshoot complex printer & system issues, along with communication skills, needed to manage interactions with customers and with different functions across the Support and Services organization.
- Command of English (additional languages being a plus). Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers.
- Strong analytical and remote troubleshooting skills: solid diagnosis skills with ability to remotely collect and manage information and translate customer faced symptoms into a product issue.
- Problem solving skills to define action plans to get issues resolved. Proficiency in translating analysis into strategies and actionable plans.
- Technical writing skills to document cases in CRM and KMS.
- Customer service orientation: Listens to customers and recognizes their needs working towards a superior customer experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, understanding customer needs and setting the right priorities for each case.
- Teamwork skills to collaborate with other members of the organization on the resolution of customer issues.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Education and Experience Required:
- Strong technical background with technical degree in Science/Engineering – preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering – or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers.
- Experience in a customer facing role (onsite support, remote support or similar) will be valued.
- Able to communicate remotely with customers and to promote virtual tools.
- Customer service skills. Experience in remote troubleshooting in a technical environment. Analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to solve and document solutions for customers in complex situations. Ability to contribute to technical action plans
- Experience in Graphics Arts products and related technologies will be valued.
- Analytical and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Ability to follow and read electrical / electronic diagrams will be valued.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top