Indigo Customer Support Engineer – UK&I South Region
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We are currently seeking a Customer Support Engineer to provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of commercial and industrial HP Indigo Digital Printing Systems. This includes ensuring equipment is installed, maintained, and repaired as requested by the company and to the satisfaction of the customer and company. Additional responsibilities include documentation, testing, calibration, trouble shooting and administrative work with our tools to manage the cases. The successful candidate ideally needs to have previous field service experience on high volume printing equipment with an extensive knowledge of the Graphics Solutions Business (GSB) Portfolio.
- Travel between customer sites on a day-to-day basis, whilst managing multiple break-fix activities.
- Ability to apply a high level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of complex technical issues.
- Work on problems/projects of moderately complex scope.
- Exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Follow established guidelines and interpret policies.
- Evaluate unique circumstances and make recommendations.
- Provide technical on-site support to customers.
- Report to the appropriate Area Manager.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Appropriate electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering qualifications.
- Experienced as a field based engineer in service delivery for the Graphics Arts and/or similar markets.
- Broad technical background (IT, Network, SW Solution, Graphics Art).
- Excellent listening, speaking and written communications skills.
- Analytical evaluation skills.
- Able to work effectively within and across teams, internally and with external partners.
- Display a high degree of flexibility working independently.
- Ability to coach and mentor customers' operators.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and Ireland, and also abroad for training activities.
- Clean driving license.
What do we expect?
- Team work: locally & across areas.
- Understanding HP portfolio: contracts, revenue processes & compliance.
- Customer-focused: achieve good Total Customer Experience (TCE), keep commitments, Keep Customer Informed (KCI).
- Proactive: good attention to detail.
- Sales techniques: supporting new service offering.
- Financial: control travel time, overtime, warranty costs, and spare parts costs.
- Responsible for Spare Part car kit as well as return of spares.
- Support sales and existing marketing functions for shows/exhibits.
- May need to be available outside of standard working hours.
We are the re-inventors.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas and that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them.
At HP, we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. This is how ideas and people grow.
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you. If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top