Immersive Computing Mechanical Design Engineer
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs engineering solutions for mechanical hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements parameters and test plans for new and existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Leads a project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately- complex products.
- Represents the mechanical/thermal team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Typically 4-8 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using ProEngineer, SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in electronics packaging.
- Designing sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
- Using CFD and thermal mockups to validate thermal solution a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top