Innovation is in HP's DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world's leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services, and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Some of the qualities you would bring to the role are:
- Creativity. Your thinking and creativity are as varied as your approach to solving problems.
- Passion. You are passionate about software engineering and have the ability to inspire passion in others to create a shared vision that people can adopt as their own.
- Curiosity. You are a continuous learner who looks for way to improves operations from multiple angles.
- Grit. Inconvenient setbacks do not impact your cadence or your results. Attention to Detail. You are committed to documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Persuasive Communication. You can communicate a narrative with data to leadership and make recommendations to improve processes and systems.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making processes. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Meet program commitments by developing and delivering imaging asset firmware and software to support a HP print portfolio
- Develop and improve the flexibility and maintainability of the imaging asset code base.
- Determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture and design of solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies, debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other imaging engineers, including internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the engineering team for all phases of large and complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master's degree in Imaging Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, AI/Machine Learning or equivalent.
- Recent BS graduate with 4-6 years of equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in multiple firmware design tools and languages. 5+ years of C/C++ experience is a minimum.
- Working knowledge of signal processing methodologies, including familiarity with application specific integrated circuit ( ASIC ) image pipelines.
- Working knowledge of cloud programing techniques
- Comfortable reading schematics; understanding the connection between hardware and firmware
- Experience interfacing directly with ASICs and related hardware
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Designing software and firmware, including interaction and integration with hardware design.
- Software and firmware testing methodologies, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at a management level.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!