Image Analysis and Vision Systems Engineer
This position is for a recent college graduate. To qualify for this position, candidates must have graduated within the past 12 months or should be graduating in 2017.
At HP Inc. we believe in reinvention. We believe that technology should make life better for everyone, everywhere. It is why we keep reinventing our company, our technologies and what tomorrow holds, so industries, communities and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate and create what matters the most to them.
The Vision Systems & Algorithm Delivery group within the Imaging and Printing R&D division develops image capture and image analysis solutions across the breadth of print - from the office to signage to 3D. We are looking for a motivated early career hire to join the team and develop image analysis algorithms and vision systems.
Core job description
- Develop image analysis solutions to evaluate quality of printed content
- Enable and support R&D and manufacturing engineering automated print quality measurement requests
- Technical expert on in-house image analysis software and hardware
- Partner with other teams and groups to develop, validate and integrate new solutions
- Develop and improve image analysis processes and capabilities to support next generation product development
- Provide image analysis expertise to machine vision system design projects
- Contribute to end-to-end vision system design in the areas of cameras, scanners, optics, color science, lighting, hardware, software, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in engineering, physical sciences, or computer science
- Ability to work & effectively interact with team members from other disciplines, projects, organizations, cultures & companies
- Resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility
- Skills in analytical decision-making, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, work within defined policies and practices
- Able to determine best methods for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Exhibit solid planning, organizational and documentation skills
- High degree of commitment and initiative
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Image science, image analysis, machine vision, machine learning, or signal processing coursework or experience
- C++, MATLAB, C#, Java or other programming coursework or experience
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top