HWQ Quality and Reliability engineer
HW Quality Lead
- Drive program readiness through the Quality team and the programs PLC.
- Integrate the different areas of Quality in a single Quality plan, driving for optimal use of the resources and quality levels.
- Define and implement metrics that ensure adequate understanding of programs status against defined objectives.
- Assess severity of issues related to Product Quality and Program Convergence.
- Provide Customer and Business impact of issues. Propose solutions and optimize the trade-offs balancing both impacts.
- Represent Quality in the Program and business forums.
- Influence R&D assets designs, in order to provide the right quality level in HW design margin and demonstrating the application of in depth Mechanical Engineering theory knowledge to the rapid identification and resolution of issues.
- Active participation in Mechanical Architecture from early stages to ensure a lean incorporation of the targeted HW quality in the product.
- Analyze field issues and feedback to improve HWQ design and validation methodologies. Propose a technologically enabled simulation techniques, early detection, physical models and/or software.
- Calculate Basic Reliability parameters like AIR and UIR. Understand their relationship with Warranty cost.
- Capture and apply WW best practices in Mechanical Engineering theory and Reliability applied to test methodology. (including networking across industries)
- Explore other Industries methodologies and practices on Mechanical Engineering, identify relevant ones and bring or adapt them to LF Reliability specific needs.
- Establish, maintain & promote networking and benchmark with other HP organizations in these areas.
- Contribute to cross disciplinary innovative methods and ideas, demonstrating in depth Mechanical Engineering theory knowledge applying this to the rapid identification and resolution of issues
Requirements, skills, and experience the job requires
- An advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering (ME).
- No less than 2 years of ME development or Reliability experience, and/or testing methodologies development working in or closely with R&D
- Demonstrate in depth ME theory knowledge applying this to the rapid identification and resolution of issues.
- Demonstrate beyond the ME disciplinary view System end to end view to be able to propose the optimal trade-offs for the resolution of issues.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills to lead multiple discipline teams in solving complex technical problems.
- Ability to get rapid alignment with other disciplines and teams. Understanding of several disciplines schedule, define plans with dependencies, constraints and critical paths.
- Proactive approach to the challenging development models (HP owned, OEM, CDM, ODM)
- Positive approach to the challenging development scope of products (Design, Pro),
- Ability to learn from experience and use it to reinforce a continuous improvement culture within all the R&D, Operations communities.
- Effectively interact and communicate in cross-functional forums.
- Positive spirit and attitude facing changes, creativeness removing blocks, strive for agility.
- Customer knowledge and work orientation.
- Understanding of divisional business and technology needs and strategies.
- Balance cost vs time vs accuracy in the selected methodologies. Assess impact in Business metrics of the Reliability methodologies provided.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top