Human Factor and Ergonomics Experience Designer
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops organization-wide experience architectures across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced partner relationships for alignment with design strategy, technology roadmap, and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; integrates suggestions, updates, and innovations into overall architecture and design language.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced design partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of user experience design innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced degree in Business, Design, Human Factors Engineering, Social Sciences research, or equivalent.
- Typically 5+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with application and development of design theories, principles, and concepts for a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services platforms.
- Extensive experience with various research methodologies (quantitative, qualitative, interviews, surveys/questionnaires).
- Must understand the scientific process and have extensive experience with experimental design.
- Must be able to analyze statistical data and communicate findings to cross-functional teams.
- History of innovation with numerous examples of design excellence.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in architecture of overall product design and technology across multiple product lines.
- Evaluating and selecting processes, standards, and techniques to be used in reviewing designs for alignment with overall product and quality architecture; history of implementing cross- platform and functional changes and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate process architectures and product formulations, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Back to top