HR Management Associate Program (HR MAP) - Intern
The following posting is a pipeline requisition, meant to accumulate candidates for HR Management Associate Program internships. Qualified applicants will be contacted in concert with the approval and publication of identical, approved positions within HP. Candidates who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology sector including by not limited to, African American, Latino, Native American, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.
Our innovative culture is built by leaders and teams who imagine the future and make it happen, with support and partnership from a strategic and forward-looking Human Resources function. At HP, successful HR leaders are well-rounded and have functional depth of experience, broad business exposure, and global awareness. Keep reading if you are a talented individual who is ready to join our team, live our values, achieve our vision, and build a long and fulfilling HR career with HP.
HR Management Associate Intern Job Description
We are looking for energetic, highly motivated individuals who want to grow their talents through hard work, good strategies, and input from others while incorporating a growth mindset and a willingness to learn. Candidates must be working on their first year of a Masters/MBA level degree.
Do you want to be a part of HP's leading-edge HR Management Associate Program (HR MAP), a specialized program designed to mentor and develop talented individuals with strategic thinking capabilities and strong leadership potential? We want people who can bring innovative ideas and fresh perspectives into our organization to participate in HP's HR MAP summer internship program. In turn we will provide participants the space to make immediate, meaningful contributions, and opportunities to demonstrate key skills and abilities, while receiving development support from a structured cohort program.
Participants will be assigned challenging roles and projects aligned with their interests and current business needs. Throughout the summer, interns will develop and learn alongside the full-time HR MAP cohort through targeted opportunities, interactions with HP leaders, and exposure to many different areas within HR and HP. This internship serves as an introduction to the main talent funnel for our full-time, 26 month rotational program which offers amazing opportunities to work in a business HR capacity, in our world-class centers of excellence, in another country through a global experience, and on business-unit projects outside of the HR space.
For more information on the HR MAP, visit our website .
Education and Experience
- In progress Masters/MBA degree
- 3-5 years professional experience in business and a strong interest in HR; uniquely qualified candidates with less experience may be considered
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US currently, and in the future
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Drive to contribute and make an impact
- Proven leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management abilities
- Champion and leader of diversity
- Strong business acumen and critical analytical thinking skills
- Ability to act as a change leader, partnering with business leaders to achieve organizational strategies and objectives
- Self-starter with ability to manage work in multiple areas
- Effective collaborator in a team environment
- Demonstrated interest or prior experience in Human Resources
- Houston, TX
**Summer internships vary in time and depend on the availability of the student
Back to top