At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
If you are our HR Generalist (Expert level) in Malaysia, you will have a chance to
- HR Generalist
- Consults with business leaders to deliver complex human resources policies and programs within businesses and local environment. Uses extensive business or function knowledge to drive the execution of a wide spectrum of HR programs.
- Contributes to the development of the change management strategy within the business to support the implementation of HR programs and initiatives.
- Represents the needs of the business or function on an ongoing basis to maintain consistent plans between HR and the business or function in program implementation.
- Delivers a comprehensive package of human resources programs by interpreting corporate initiatives for business and local regulatory needs.
- Is accountable for successful implementation of multiple programs simultaneously; customizes global programs to meet unique business/function needs as appropriate.
- Communicates HR policies to business leaders; works with business leaders to resolve employee issues, manage change, and drive programs.
- Develops strategies and coaches' managers in resolving complex performance and misconduct issues.
- Contributes to or may lead regional priority project teams.
- Directs and drives HR decisions on complex cases with significant financial and/or legal risk.
- Manages and leads priority projects that support organization-wide transformation initiatives.
- Identifies the need for new or improved HR processes and drives the development and implementation of those processes.
- Represents HP to internal and external stakeholders, such as works councils and unions, to communicate key issues and support contract negotiation at the country level.
- Labour Relations
- Accountable for the Malaysian Labour Relations Strategy and Plan
- Represents HP on labour related matters (internal/external).
- Ensures the direct relationship between HP and our employees.
- Accountable for Union and 3rd Party Relationship/Management, if applicable.
- Predicts and monitors the changing environment and ensured nil unplanned business disruption/risk.
- Accountable for the delivery of tools, guides, training and consultation.
- Manages Labour Relations escalations.
- Predicative and proactive LR management.
- HR Compliance
- Predicative, proactive and reactive management of regulatory/legislative changes and implements strategies to ensure minimal business/cost impact.
- Project manages the implementation of any legislative changes through policy, practice and process updates.
- Manage and/or support the HR internal audit process and oversees the corrective action plan, if applicable. Partner countries and APJ HR Compliance lead regarding all CW compliance matters.
- Pro-actively manage compliance risk through:
- Compliance Awareness for HR
- Controlled Self Assessments
- HR Compliance Training for Managers
- Manage and oversee the site country Crisis Management program and plans
- Employee Relations
- Partners APJ ER in the delivery of our HR Case Management Program, including regular training, case analysis, reporting and proactive management.
- May assist in HR Case Investigations
- Partner APJ ER in the development and delivery of disciplinary documentation.
- Provides advice and consultation across a variety of matters including but not limited to:
- Resignation issues
- Post-employment protection matters
- Other HR legal matters
- Delivers require manager and employee training.
- Manages labour court matters and supports legal in all other HR matters.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically, 6-10 years related experience in human resources functional area, HR Generalist, or HR Consulting role.
- Typically, 3-5 years as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Consultant.
- Superior knowledge of all human resources areas, with an expertise in limited functional areas.
- Strong legal knowledge of the local environment.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Excellent communications skills, including influence and consulting.
- Excellent program management skills, including implementation and feedback analysis; developed leadership skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into human resources initiatives.
- Ability to manage change across a broad population.
- Leads the HR program creation and delivery for complex business groups in terms of size, workforce complexity, and geographic distribution.
- Leads or contributes to regional or global priority projects.
Back to top