Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Consults with business leaders to deliver complex human resources policies and programs within businesses and local environment.
- Delivers a comprehensive package of human resources programs by interpreting corporate initiatives for business and local regulatory needs.
- Is accountable for successful implementation of multiple programs simultaneously; customizes global programs to meet unique business/function needs as appropriate.
- Represents HP to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates HR policies to business leaders; works with business leaders to resolve employee issues, manage change, and drive programs.
- Develops strategies and coaches managers in resolving complex performance and misconduct issues.
- Contributes to or may lead regional priority project teams.
- Directs and drives HR decisions on complex cases with significant financial and/or legal risk.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 6-10 years related experience in human resources functional area, HR Generalist, or HR Consulting role.
- Typically 3-5 years as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations Consultant.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior knowledge of all human resources areas, with an expertise in limited functional areas.
- Strong legal knowledge of the local environment.
- Advanced business acumen.
- Excellent communications skills, including influence and consulting.
- Excellent program management skills, including implementation and feedback analysis; developed leadership skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into human resources initiatives.
- Ability to manage change across a broad population.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top