HPS Supplies & OEM Technology Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Competitive Analysis: Home Printing Solutions Hardware Technology
This position will report to the Competitive Intelligence Manager and work with Global Business Units, Regions, HP competitive teams and other key stakeholders to drive competitive and market analysis.
- Develop a holistic view of printing hardware technology, (chemistry, fluidics, Print Heads, firmware, Writing Systems, Software, Ink deliver systems) from competing original equipment manufacturer (OEM) brands, their competitive sets and key technology drivers/trends
- Co-Develop trend analysis from external data sources: (IDC, GfK, etc.)
- Work with Competitive Intelligence to determine OEM financials at a product level and Global Business Unit level.
- Constantly monitor and evaluate OEM printings & Supplies Intellectual property.
- Craft 3-5 year forecast of printing technology trends
- Work with other member of the Competitive team to validate OEM business models and their defense mechanisms.
- Detailed technology analysis of competitors product strategy for printer hardware
- Respond to management, regions, and sales force questions and requests for competitor insights/presentations
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or related field.
- Strong background in analytical thinking, technical analysis and project management
- Ability to analyze/summarize articles and reports
- High level communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high request rate environment
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of printing industry (players, motivations, technology, strategy, etc.), plus general writing systems, ink delivery systems and printing technology would be very beneficial
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top