HPS Supplies & OEM Technician
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Competitive Analysis: Home Printing Solutions Supplies Technician
This position will report to the Competitive Intelligence Manager and work with Global Business Units, Regions, HP competitive teams and other key stakeholders to drive competitive and technical analysis.
- Develop detailed reports and records of how products and components work, and why they do so (covering aspects such as ink fluidics, Print Heads, firmware, Writing Systems, Software, Ink deliver systems)
- Lead experiments and investigations into Aftermarket and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) printing supplies product performance
- Work with other member of the Competitive team to validate supplies business models and defense mechanisms.
- Collaborate with Competitive team members to create technology analysis of competitors
- Input into requests for competitor insights/presentations from partner teams and management
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical qualification (Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science)
- Analytical thinking, technical analysis and versatile approach
- Comfortable with ambiguity and work independently without guidance
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high request rate environment
- Some experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable presenting your findings
- Knowledge of printing industry (players, motivations, technology, strategy, etc.), plus general writing systems, ink delivery systems and printing technology would be very beneficial
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top