HPS Supplies Competitive Intelligence Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Competitive Intelligence – HPS Supplies
This position will report to the Competitive Intelligence Manager and work with other groups in the Global Business Units, Regions, HP competitive teams and other key stakeholders to drive competitive and market analysis.
- Develop a holistic view of Home Printing Solutions supplies competition (inkjet & low end toner) (Aftermarket & OEM) key market drivers/trends
- Detailed business analysis of key Aftermarket competitors performance, positioning and trends (Clones, Remanufactured, Refilled Supplies)
- Respond to management, regions, and sales force questions and requests for competitor insights/presentations
- Track and triangulate aftermarket share trends for country, platforms and regions
- Partner with Business Planning and Analytics teams to create insightful analysis to drive business decisions
- Able to process and digest any type of data set: Quant or Qual. and integrate all results.
- Experience in generating succinct and extremely fast self-directed research (TAT from inception to results: <3 weeks)
- High integrity in code of conduct and work practices
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or Business related field.
- Strong background in analytical thinking, technical analysis and project management
- Very strong analytical and excel capability
- System thinker: integrating multiple sources of information to derive actionable insights
- Ability to analyze/summarize articles and reports
- High level communication skills and business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high request rate environment
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of printing industry, (players, trends, motivators), writing systems, and printing technology knowledge would be very beneficial
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top