HPS OEM Technology Engineer
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We're looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future's yours to create!
Competitive Analysis: Home Printing Solutions Supplies technology
This position will report to the Competitive Intelligence Manager and work with Global Business Units, Regions, HP competitive teams and other key stakeholders to drive competitive and market analysis.
- Develop a holistic view of printing hardware technology, (chemistry, fluidics, Print Heads, firmware, Writing Systems, Software, Ink deliver systems), detailing "how and why" supply designs work
- Work with Competitive Intelligence to determine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) financials at a product level and Global Business Unit level.
- Collaborate with Forecasting teams to assess HP's Supplies share and create 3-10 year forecasts of share erosions/gains on a platform, country and regional basis
- Constantly monitor and evaluate OEM printings & Supplies Intellectual property.
- Work with Security & Competitive team on Supplies security implementation, white hack actions and related legal investigations.
- Work with other member of the Competitive team to validate OEM & Aftermarket supplies business models and their defense mechanisms.
- Detailed technology analysis of competitors product strategy for printing supplies
- Respond to management, regions, and sales force questions and requests for competitor insights/presentations
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or related field qualification (Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science)
- Analytical thinking, technical analysis and versatile approach
- Comfortable with ambiguity and work independently without guidance
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high request rate environment
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable presenting your findings
- Knowledge of printing industry (players, motivations, technology, strategy, etc.), plus general writing systems and printing technology would be very beneficial
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top