HP Labs Research Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Participate as a member of research team carrying out investigation, design, development, execution, and implementation of new concepts and technologies to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
- Identify key research questions, create research plans, and execute original studies that generate new knowledge resulting in actionable data
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to expand lab profile and generate new IP
- Prepare literature reviews that reflect deep understanding of important knowledge areas, author original publications for journals and conferences, and deliver presentation at industry and scientific events and conferences
- Create patent applications and supporting documentation
Education and Experience
- Successful candidates will have an advanced degree from a research university in a relevant topic area (e.g., HCI, CS, Engineering).
- Successful candidates will have a portfolio of relevant work that reflects their commitment to addressing important HCI research questions and their ability to translate research into products that are released to market.
- Successful candidates will have a track record of building UX-forward prototypes and conducting world class research.
Knowledge and Skills
Desired skills include interaction design; software development; hardware design; qualitative and quantitative user experience research; and design prototyping. Direct experience with 3D printing applications, and 3D authoring tools, and multi-material 3D printing is a strong plus.
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience in understanding and implementing modern user-centered design methodologies, crafting and executing high-quality research plans, building mixed fidelity research prototypes, analyzing qualitative data and trends from naturalistic user studies, and providing insightful results to executive audiences.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top