HP Labs Postdoctoral Ink Chemist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP Labs- Research Associate (Postdoc) - Palo Alto, CA
HP Labs is an international research organization with its headquarters and largest facility located in Palo Alto, CA. As HP's central research organization, HP Labs' purpose is to deliver breakthrough technologies and technology advancements that provide a competitive advantage for HP by investing in fundamental science and technology in areas of interest to HP.
The Printing adjacency and 3D lab at HP Labs is seeking a qualified candidate for a postdoctoral colloids and dispersions chemist, ideally with ink development experience. Primary research topic involves developing and optimizing ink formulations for advanced 3D printing applications, especially formulations involving metal colloids.
Please visit HP's Multi Jet Fusion 3D printing technology websites for more information:
- Participate in researching and developing voxel-scale control of material properties during 3D printing
- Developing and optimizing inks for creating modified material properties during 3D printing, like conductivity
- Contribute as a team member with other research scientists and engineers carrying out the investigation, design, development, and execution of scientific research projects to generate new products, technologies, and intellectual property.
- Work independently to create portions of research plans, investigative procedures, and effectively execute research for assigned investigations.
- Develop and carry out portions of protocols and processes for collecting, recording, and analyzing data; communicate results and conclusions to team members for review and feedback.
Education and Experience
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry, Polymer / Materials Science, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience, including graduate or postgraduate research and/or industry experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert in colloid science, including polymer and nanomaterial dispersions
- Experience with dispersions, coatings, and/or interface science
- Understanding of ink chemistry basics
- Strong analytical skills as applied towards solving complex physical science challenges
- Extensive experience with nanomaterials, composites and materials processing
- Experience with a variety of analytical methods like DLS, TGA, DSC, Rheometry, etc.
- Experience with formulation and characterization of dispersed sub-micron particle systems, nano-scale particles interactions, surface functionalization and modification, and/or pigment chemistry
- Development of metal nanoparticle inks, ideally for Drop on Demand printing methods
- Understanding of a wide range of polymer and nanomaterials applications, materials testing and evaluation methods
Understanding of electronic and mechanical properties of materials
Back to top