HP Labs ChemicalTechnician
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Print Adjacencies and 3D Lab at HP Laboratories, Palo Alto, California, is seeking an outstanding chemical technician to support and accelerate our cutting-edge research and development on novel chemical sensors. We are looking for a candidate who is skilled at preparing analytical standards and serial dilutions and working with analytical equipment including e-microscopes, spectrometers, and custom-built robotic systems. The chemical technician will work with and support R&D scientists implementing test protocols, evaluating chemical sensor performance, and assist in developing analytical methods for trace chemical analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement standard protocols and run quality control checks on chemical sensors
- Develop and evaluate new protocols for testing chemical sensors
- Troubleshoot equipment and process failures as necessary
- Prepare reports and share results with team
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience (post-graduation) working in chemistry or R&D laboratories.
- Experience with analytical chemistry techniques, especially Raman and IR spectroscopy.
- Highly self-motivated; track record of effective collaboration with colleagues from a range of technological / scientific disciplines.
- Ability to apply good judgment, make recommendations and independent decisions, and work independently
- Meticulous documentation and excellent communication skills
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM).
- Experience working with biofluids.
- Experience working in a clean room.
Back to top