HP Jet Fusion 3D Print Serviceability Engineer
Job Description – 3D Serviceability Firmware Engineer
As a Firmware Engineer, you will become a strong contributor on a development team responsible for advancing the Multi Jet Fusion 3D Printing technology for HP Inc. You will assist with the design, development, testing, and defect repair of embedded microprocessor firmware components. As a team member, you will assist with investigations and interactions with other multi-discipline teams that are providing other components to the same product.
Your ownership will include assisting in the creation of new and improved processes. Your responsibility will include a substantial portion of the product's embedded firmware design and development, including requirements definition, characterization, verification, and iterative refinement of the design. You will work on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope. This position will focus on developing Serviceability solutions that includes error codes, diagnostics, preventitve maintenance etc.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 4 years related experience or equivalent or a Master's degree Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field. May include experienced individuals with advanced degrees.
Two or more years of embedded firmware development experience including C/C++ in a PC Windows or Linux environment. Leading and working with cross-functional teams as well as practical experience in all phases of the embedded software development lifecycle. Must possess expert knowledge (development and application) in multiple operating systems. Expertise in multiple programming languages and technologies such as C, C++, Python, etc. is critical.
- Proven success with firmware design and development in microprocessor-based embedded systems.
- Thorough knowledge of embedded real-time operating systems and embedded firmware development processes.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in C and C++.
- Prior serviceability solution development experience a plus
- Development experience in Linux environment a big plus
- Analytic ability in order to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with wireless connectivity solutions is a plus
- Linux Development expertise
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top