HP indigo service manager
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region.
- Typically manages 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Drives high-impact business plan development that enables the execution of business strategies (e.g., implementing new growth initiatives, reducing costs).
- Leads complex business planning initiatives, including M&A integration projects at global and cross-business unit levels.
- Directs and prioritizes large, highly complex business planning projects by monitoring deliverables and milestones, including developing contingencies to minimize risks and maximize success.
- Partners with high-level client business leaders on a wide range of business issues, including risk management, implementation tactics, and new opportunity development.
- Oversees budget management for multiple, complex plans and projects and is accountable for adhering to stated budgets.
- Oversees the development of project guidelines, plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Influences high-level business leaders by presenting compelling analyses and recommendations for optimizing business performance.
- Leads multiple large cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Provides innovative thought leadership and shapes the knowledge base across multiple businesses, functions, or regions.
- Provides strong leadership including developing and monitoring individual and team performance goals, coaching managers and senior individual contributors, and driving major change initiatives.
- Oversees and manages the allocation of tools and resources to support team efforts.
- Partners with high level client business leaders to integrate plans across multiple businesses.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 10+ years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Previous people leadership experience, preferably in a global, cross- functional environment. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to manage human capital in a virtual and global environment to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top