HP Global Functions Transactional Counsel (IT, Procurement & Real Estate)
- Work independently to provide legal advice and risk counseling on highly complex legal and business issues.
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts for strategic IT partnerships and other complex agreements with infrastructure and outsourced partners, including real estate and outsourced services (for internal operations).
- Provide effective evaluation and mitigation of business risks.
- Engage constructively with other functions and legal professionals to identify and evaluate risks in daily operations and share subject matter expertise.
- Provide advice and counseling to cyber-security compliance professionals on relevant risks and on compliance initiatives or processes.
- Identify, develop and implement effective tools, processes, and training for IT, indirect procurement, real estate and compliance professionals.
- Efficiently supervise outside counsel as appropriate.
- Exercise excellent judgement and prioritization
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- JD with excellent academic credentials.
- Meets applicable US license requirements for attorneys.
- 12+ years qualified, with at least 10 years of relevant experience and at least five years in house.
- Highest ethical standards.
- High proficiency and proven experience working with business and technology leaders, and managing senior level business relationships.
- Outstanding contract drafting expertise.
- Highly effective negotiation and communication skills
- Deep experience in US and international contracts law.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and agile thinker, with the ability to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Positive attitude, high energy and a sense of humor!
Desirable attributes and skills
- Experience with marketing support, including sponsorships and talent agreements.
- Expertise on privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Fluency in a language in addition to English.
- Palo Alto, California or Houston, Texas.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top