HP Federal-Senior Infrastructure Engineer, CCNP Security
- Plainfield, IN
The senior infrastructure engineer position is to plan, design, optimize, implement and maintain the computer infrastructure in a highly secure PC manufacturing environment.
- Develop and manage infrastructure for end-to-end process in software installation, including tools and systems development
- Develop test plan for tools and systems used in Image Load process
- Provide support for issues related to software installation, hard drive duplication, connectivity and infrastructure.
- Provide solution within defined SLA and assist in issue resolution or escalation
- Define metrics to optimize results, and implement improvements as needed
- Identify, evaluate and resolve security system vulnerabilities, attacks, and threats
- Analyze security incidents and develop appropriate countermeasures.
- Develop, enhance and maintain security solutions in compliance with NIST.
- Ensure system maintenance and support processes are documented
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related IT fields.
- 10+ years' experience in IT industry, working with Network, database (SQL2008/2012/2017) and OS (Windows 2008/2012/2016) technologies.
- MS Certifications on Windows 2008/2012/2016, SQL 2008/2012/2017
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell and working experience with Python, C++/C#
- Excellent software development experience in Windows and SQL environment
- Network and Security certifications such as CCNP Security ( Cisco Certified Network Professional Security ), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- Prior experience in a technical support center environment is highly desired with knowledge of basic principles of IT standards, ITIL incident and problem management
- Prior experience in system/network infrastructure and connectivity is highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidates must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to less-experienced staff members
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications and FIPS Publications
- Proven excellent work experience as infrastructure or information security engineer.
- Experience in creating and maintaining infrastructure and security systems.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion prevention/detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report infrastructure, security incidents and issues
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools, data loss prevention and disaster recovery methods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastering in English.
Back to top