HP Federal-Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Plainfield, IN
The senior infrastructure engineer position is to plan, design, optimize, implement and maintain the computer infrastructure in a highly secure PC manufacturing environment.
- Develop and manage infrastructure for end-to-end process in software installation, including tools and systems development
- Develop test plan for tools and systems used in Image Load process
- Provide support for issues related to software installation, hard drive duplication, connectivity and infrastructure.
- Provide solution within defined SLA and assist in issue resolution or escalation
- Define metrics to optimize results, and implement improvements as needed
- Identify, evaluate and resolve security system vulnerabilities, attacks, and threats
- Analyze security incidents and develop appropriate countermeasures.
- Develop, enhance and maintain security solutions in compliance with NIST.
- Ensure system maintenance and support processes are documented
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related IT fields.
- 5+ years' experience in IT industry, working with Network, database (SQL2008/2012/2017) and OS (Windows 2008/2012/2016) technologies.
- MS Certifications on Windows 2008/2012/2016, SQL 2008/2012/2017
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell and working experience with Python, C++/C#
- Excellent software development experience in Windows and SQL environment
- Network and Security certifications such as CCNP Security ( Cisco Certified Network Professional Security ), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), and GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) is a plus but not required
- Prior experience in a technical support center environment is highly desired with knowledge of basic principles of IT standards, ITIL incident and problem management
- Prior experience in system/network infrastructure and connectivity is highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to less-experienced staff members
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications and FIPS Publications
- Proven excellent work experience as infrastructure or information security engineer.
- Experience in creating and maintaining infrastructure and security systems.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Complete command on dealing with security systems, intrusion prevention/detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful scenarios.
- Ability to communicate and report infrastructure, security incidents and issues
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools, data loss prevention and disaster recovery methods.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastering in English.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a secret clearance
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top