HP Federal-Material Handler
- Plainfield, IN
Applies developed knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a wide variety of difficult assignments/tasks. Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment. Works under limited supervision and normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
- Performs varied and general tasks involved in controlling inventory; shipping, receiving, storing and distributing materials, parts, supplies, and equipment (e.g. movement of materials through the use of pallet jacks, daily collection of appropriate statistics, routine maintenance).
- Supports intermediate-level transactional processes that require independent judgment.
- Follows detailed documentation and instructions to execute a variety of process- oriented tasks to support inventory control and materials management activities (e.g. works externally to expedite routine shipment and deliveries; clearing of Shipment Delay Advisories).
- Identifies basic- to complex level functional process anomalies (e.g. inventory control, shipping and receiving, conducting cycle counts) and seeks guidance for resolution.
- Supports the training of new hires.
Education and Experience Required:
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in materials and/or distribution.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of warehouse management applications and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Strong technical knowledge specific to business function.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
- Candidates must be able to obtain secret clearance.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!
Back to top