HP Federal-Manufacturing Operations Technician
- Plainfield, IN
Management level definitions
Applies extensive knowledge the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete complex, specialized assignments/tasks in creative and effective ways. Comprehensive understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions . Work is completed with minimal supervision and assignments may be completed without established procedures. May determine methods and procedures for new assignments. Typically provides guidance to other non-exempt employees .
- Performs specialized job assignments in the manufacturing process with minimal supervision.
- Performs moderate-complex tasks, such as testing high- end servers.
- Monitors the execution of process-oriented tasks of others in lower-level roles.
- Identifies complex and undocumented areas for process improvement.
- Mentors lower-level employees.
- Leads production tasks and operates machinery while continuing to support quality assurance measures.
- Assists with products well into maturity life-cycle as well as new products.
- Supports engineers with diagnostics, troubleshooting, and prototyping.
- Serves as lead for an area within their shift and compiles data for reports to supervisors.
- Responsible for auditing materials and builds for quality assurance .
- Understands and executes to customer expectations, e.g., Customer to Order (CTO) expectations.
Education and Experience Required
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Typically 4 years of experience in Manufacturing Operations, preferably in a technical environment .
Knowledge and Skills
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent mathematics and reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrated physical capability (e.g., manual dexterity).
- Excellent understanding of how to navigate tools and procedures.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong teamwork skills; excellent coordination skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent technical knowledge specific to business function and segment.
- Strong computer / software skills; good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain secret clearance.
- Executes job responsibilities (such as producing basic to moderately complex output) with discretion.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers (e.g., may monitor tasks of others).
Back to top