HP Federal/Manager, Field Technical Support - Washington, DC Area
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Manage team responsible for providing on-site hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or other applications support for customers according to contractual service levels.
- Plan, direct, and monitor operational/tactical activities of team.
- Meet business and operation targets.
- Recruit and support development of direct staff members.
- Handle customer escalations.
- Establish relationship with customers and other functional managers.
- Provide guidance on process improvements and recommend changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility.
- Provide coaching and leadership to assigned field technicians.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Three years of related experience in computer customer support industry with proven managerial abilities desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge in specialized area.
- Thorough understanding of full range of HP Services.
- Detailed knowledge of installation and site environmental support solutions.
- Knowledge of Mission Critical products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of industry drivers relating to TCE.
- Skills in people and project management, planning, problem solving, innovation, analysis, communication and negotiation.
- People management experience is desired
- Service delivery assurance account management experience is desire
- Executive presentations skills desired
This role will support strategic accounts in Baltimore and several accounts inside Washington Beltway and candidate location must be driving distance to Baltimore and Washington D.C.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top