HP Federal/Enterprise Account Manager
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Builds strong professional working C-level relationships with the client.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility with key client executives.
- Leverages executive sponsors and other HP resources to strengthen HPs relationship and credibility with client influencers and decision makers.
- Researches and understands the client's industry.
- Deeply understands client business strategies and challenges.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to client leaders, aggressively shapes deals early in the sales cycle.
- Advances opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth for HP.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge in aligning HP capabilities to client business and IT priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
- Leverages existing engagements and run-rate business to seed and grow new opportunities.
- Advocates for client needs during sales cycle and in addressing any delivery issues.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in HP- conducted surveys and reports.
- Builds and executes an Account Business Plan (ABP) that includes both transactional and strategic initiatives to grow HPs presence and share in the account over a 1-3 year time horizon.
- Actively drives ABP results through effective account management and reviews.
- Builds and orchestrates sales pipeline activity. Ensures active nurturing of deals and movement of opportunities to close.
- Manages a balanced pipeline representing all of the businesses being pursued.
- Engages in the Relationship Assessment Program (RAP) where possible.
- Implements TCE initiatives that improve the customer loyalty index.
- Identifies, nurtures, and closes new solution opportunities that result in substantial growth in HP share, revenues, and margin.
- Represents the entire HP portfolio of products and services.
- Facilitates/engages with Solution Opportunity Approval & Review process (SOAR).
- Proactively protects HP's position and claims HP leadership positions in strategic and emerging solution areas.
- Engages partners effectively to improve win rates and delivery of selected deals.
- Meets or exceeds quarterly and annual revenue & margin quotas. Uses margin management techniques.
- Participates in/drives account Team Management.
- Orchestrates all HP resources and sponsorship essential for executing the account business plan.
- Engages and manages team members in presales, sales specialists and inside sales to support complex deals.
- Drives integrated planning and execution; coordinates both sales and BU delivery organizations to ensure aligned client engagement and service.
- Proactively engages executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship and favorably positions long-term business opportunities for HP.
- Engages HP sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage HPs portfolio.
- Proactively engages partners to define and pursue joint growth opportunities with the account.
- Interfaces with both internal and external industry experts to anticipate client needs, drive industry mindshare, and facilitate solution development.
- Drives the account internationally/Globally.
Education and Experience Required:
- Same as previous plus.
- Typically 8-12 years account management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Uses consultative, solution selling and business development skills at the CXO level to align the client's business needs with HP's solutions.
- Builds strong CXO level relationships, especially working with executives in lines of business.
- Negotiates at the CXO level.
- Adept at advanced sales negotiations and positioning.
- solution value under pricing pressures from customer IT and procurement professionals. - proactive presentation of value solutions.
- Focuses on key business challenges and drives to position himself/herself as a trusted advisor at the IT executive and business manager level.
- Submits timely and accurate forecasts and continually coaches team to do same.
- Identifies and effectively leads the account team to ensure coordinated, efficient, account management, and accountability for achieving business results.
- Uses financial-selling techniques with the client and HP internal to position value and advance sales motions.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and communication skills at the executive level.
- Manages end-to-end sales processes in large deals.
- Adheres to SBC and HP's code of ethics.
- Deep knowledge of the vertical industry and the client's position, challenges and strategy within the industry including security, risk and compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of trends and lead discussions with IT on strategic directions and linking discussions.
- Strong knowledge of HP's breadth of solutions and engages specialist resources as needed.
- Easily applies IT and/or industry solution, product, service knowledge to solving business challenges.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of basic enhanced products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative, solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates a successful ability to leverage Hp's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Expert in the sale of IT services and outsourcing.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top