Home Printing Product & Portfolio Finance Lead
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Home Printing Organization (HPO) defines and manages the core printing portfolio for Home Printing Solutions (HPS) and is responsible for generating billions of dollars of revenue and a substantial portion of HP's profits. The Home Printing Product and Portfolio Finance lead will play a key role in supporting the definition of the market growth strategy for the Developed Markets, ensuring the long-term profitability of the for Inkjet HW category, as well as driving operational efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
In this dynamic and visible role, the Finance Lead will also work with other cross-functional stakeholders in the Global Business Units and Regions, while also working with cross-functional teams and projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will work independently through one's own initiative and will excel at working collaboratively with employees at all levels of the organization. This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career, working on cross-functional initiatives, applying an entrepreneurial mindset and expanding your network across HP Print organization.
The key components required to be successful in this position are - strategic thinking, ability to perform complex financial analysis, and strong communication skills. The analyst should also be a strong collaborator who can partner with and present to different organizations - Future Product Marketing, BU finance, supply chain, customer support, region category.
- Drive financial leadership and business decisions for the HPS HW core category to meet revenue, gross margin, share and operating profit objectives. Develop insights and recommendations to share with the team.
- Build foundational core, financial processes for HPS HW Core business to enable profitable growth.
- NPI Finance Support. Partner with program and product management teams to drive data-driven, highly accurate assumptions for analysis. Provide initial financial and business model consultation for new products
- Drive GBU financial metrics for marketing rationalization and optimization across the Home Inkjet HW portfolio.
- Critical financial and business model thinking & analysis to help drive brand new products from idea phase to market quickly.
- Build financial models that provide insights into margin profile of current portfolio with detailed analysis of cost structure.
- Partner with other organizations to create integrated product performance views.
- Develop various reports including profitability by business, region, and product segment and aid in using these reports to drive improvements in the business. These reports are done on a monthly and quarterly basis to closely monitor the business results and should include variance analysis.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are a must as this role will work with various levels of management, both in finance and the business, and must be able to clearly relay results of analytical projects as well as monthly and quarterly results.
- Skills required include strong Excel and PowerPoint knowledge with the aptitude to extract information from the existing business systems.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience as a financial analyst preferred.
- Typically experienced in a variety of finance functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Superior business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Superior communication and influencing skills.
- Superior teamwork skills
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent project management skills.
Back to top