Healthcare Display Technologist
As a member of our Displays and Accessories (D&A) team, you will be applying your expertise and skills to help develop new products in our HealthCare vertical.
You will have an opportunity to influence our next Generation designs, based on your knowledge of the HealthCare industry needs, customer insights, and requirements for the various industry certifications needed.
You will help design high performance monitors and related accessories and work with senior engineers. You will also help research components and architectures and make recommendations to accelerate innovation and improve our products.
You will work closely with multiple global teams including Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Software and Validation to help develop, debug and release HealthCare monitors.
The ideal candidate applies expert level subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of industry related business issues. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
Evaluates new Technologies and Innovations needed by the Healthcare Industry, or proposed by Displays & Accessories (D&A) staff, thru prototyping, proof of concept, design sprints, and aids in providing the business case for incorporation into a next generation product.
- Provides expert knowledge regarding the selection, evaluation, qualification and procurement of Displays and Accessories in the HealthCare environment (Hospitals, Dr's offices, and other like settings).
- Has expert knowledge of Certifications required to use Displays and Accessories in the above environs, both in the US and abroad.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners about design requirements, regulatory requirements, and user needs.
- Participates as a member of project team of other engineers, Program Managers, and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for the Healthcare industry vertical.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer science, IT Services, or related Engineering field
- Typically 10+ years experience, and/or Masters degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledgeable on the healthcare display quality management systems (ISO 13484) as well as FDA requirements for medical devices
- Familiar with the Medical related certification standards (IEC 60601)
- Experience on the medical product certification process, including EMI/EMC background
- Knowledgeable on the DICOM Part 14 standard, AAPM TG18 QC desired
- Knowledgeable on the Product Registration process (US and abroad)
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware, software, and electrical component design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top