Head of Verticals Business (Healthcare/Education)
HP - the company that founded the “silicon valley” now operates in more than 170 countries around the world and provides an industry-leading product portfolio to its consumer and commercial customers. HP's Personal Systems (PS) business unit delivered in excess of $33B in FY17 and includes all computing products, desktop and laptop computers, servers, workstations, thin-clients, and a large portfolio of displays and accessories.
As part of HP's Commercial Personal Systems (PS) leadership team, this role will leverage experience in management consulting or prior Industry-focused corporate leadership experience to lead PS business strategy and execution in the Healthcare and Education industries. Set up in 2013 as focus verticals, HP's business in the Education and Healthcare industries has grown significantly and now accounts for approximately 20% of worldwide Commercial PS revenue. This is a highly visible role across HP and the incoming VP can expect to work closely with the Commercial PS leadership team and the President of the PS business.
The Vice President, Industry Solutions Organization will lead HP in deep subject-matter leadership in the Healthcare and Education industries worldwide, work closely with industry partners, identify and evaluate sources of growth within these industries, develop strategies to achieve long-term financial goals, work closely with the product and engineering teams to develop new product and solution concepts, and work closely with the region marketing and sales teams to achieve financial goals.
- Develop and lead industry and customer insights in education and healthcare and drive a continuous insights to innovation process to serve the two vertical markets.
- Build and drive PS product and business strategy in education and healthcare markets. Conduct strategic deep dives in new and emerging business opportunities in education and healthcare. Evaluate choice points and optimize investment strategy across existing and new business areas in education and healthcare with the goal of maximizing overall shareholder value.
- Work closely with the product management and engineering teams to define and deliver the most innovative portfolio in the industry to serve HP's education and healthcare customers.
- Work closely with HP's geographic region leaders and country managers to build go-to-market infrastructure including marketing, direct sales, reseller channels and partner ecosystems and achieve business targets.
- Work closely with industry partners across technology, education and healthcare to build and execute strategic partnerships focused on delivering superior user experience to HP's customers.
- Responsibility for managing Budget and P&L, driving revenue growth and operating margin expansion.
Education and Experience Required
- Total experience of 15+ years including 8+ years of post-MBA (or advanced degree) experience.
- Management consulting experience or demonstrated leadership in running a commercial business unit in technology, healthcare or education.
- Demonstrated competence in leading strategy, insights to innovation processes, business operations, and customer and sales interactions.
- Demonstrated competence in leading a geographically-distributed team of high-caliber executives and subject-matter experts.
- Demonstrated quantifiable results of leading business initiatives at a corporate/business level; demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams.
- MBA or advanced university degree highly desired. Bachelor's degree required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strategic Planning & Implementation: Lead the development of strategic plans that reflects HP's business strategy in Education and Healthcare to advance market share/penetration and achieve profitable growth
- C-Level Partnering and Communication: HP is organized in a matrix form and the role calls for exceptional leadership, presence, communications, teaming and influencing skills.
- Business and Financial Acumen: Exhibits authoritative business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business and investment recommendations; Ability to "connect the dots" between business strategy/initiatives, operational plans and financial performance.
- Change Management: This role more than many others calls for skills to disseminate and effect innovation and change across the entire company.
- Leadership and project management: Able to lead effectively in a complex environment and deliver results; Able to influence without direct authority; Able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative.
- Team building: Able to attract and develop talent and build highly effective teams that are comprised of subject-matter and functional experts.
This position will be based in Palo Alto.
Email ID for Inquiries and/or Resume:
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top