Head of SaaS Print
- Vancouver, WA
Head of SaaS
Print and Imaging, Print Software Platforms
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
Print currently has multiple cloud platforms and solutions to service our customers. These platforms provide unique business and customer solutions that have evolved over time. However, this approach provides multiple challenges: difficulty in scaling, duplicated efforts, delays in getting new solutions to market, and challenges in keeping the platforms up to date technically. The HP Print Division is seeking a Head of SaaS to build a unified print cloud platform that enables solution development and delivery that delivers customer and business benefit in a fast-moving dynamic market.
The Head of SaaS is responsible for leading a cross-functional organization comprised of Cloud platform teams, from developers to QA to Architects to build and modernize the technology and processes to support our growth in services and solutions. You will work closely with product management, design, technology partners, sales, and marketing to define the strategy for our cloud platform and operate it at scale. You will interact with all levels of the company and be the primary thought leader and key driver of cloud technologies and systems to maximize cloud potential. This role reports directly to the Head of Cloud Platforms.
- Manage the evaluation and implementation of new cloud technologies to integrate into the platform, product and solutions portfolio. Articulate the strength of proposed technologies and architecture, and how they fulfil business needs to a range of audiences, including executives, senior management, cross-functional teams, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Drive the delivery of major technology and infrastructure projects, ensuring that quality, productivity, and ROI goals are achieved. Ensure cost-effective design, development, integration, implementation, testing, and maintenance of services and systems are delivered on time and of high quality and performance.
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to ensure availability of critical systems, and minimal service interruptions.
- Conduct strategic and tactical level planning in partnership with peers to develop technical roadmap for the Print Digital Ecosystem platform. Build strong links between all the Print digital ecosystem platform teams to create multidisciplinary teams that work together.
- Attract and develop top, diverse technical talent in the industry
- Maximize the R&D return on investment through effective prioritization and allocation of resources
- Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth, accountability, and customer service.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in technology leadership positions with an emphasis on platforms and services. Proven record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence managing a large global team; can motivate individuals and teams to achieve program and project objectives.
- Experience working in a multinational environment with complex organizations, working across the seams with a proven track record of negotiation and influence across all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience with cloud architecture, platforms, and environments; strong understanding of emerging cloud technology trends
- Successfully built, deployed, and operated cloud applications in SaaS environment.
- Used technology life cycle management
- Implemented cross-region replication and disaster recovery.
- Ability to work efficiently on several initiatives and projects at once, often with ambiguity and varying timelines.
- Review technical designs and implementations by engineering team to ensure consistent architecture.
- Effective decision maker and agile thinker
- Takes ownership and effectively solves tough challenges in a wide range of functions
Skills and Capabilities
- Transformational mindset
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods; removes barriers, acts with a sense of urgency, and leads by example.
- Project planning and management skills; ability to identify and assess the risk to determine action; budgeting; procurement; financial analysis.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Solid communication skills and can clearly explain complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
- You can lead a conversation in a room with designers, engineers, product managers, stakeholders and executives
- Deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure, applications, architecture, various platforms, best practices for integration, microservices, and DevOps.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and/or G suite
- Knowledge of hardware platforms and network desirable but not required
Here's the kind of person we're looking for
- You have a positive and resilient personality and thrive on working well with others.
- You have the ability to inspire people at all levels to follow your technical vision.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and are able to drive development of new projects and capabilities to completion.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You operate with high integrity and ethics
Back to top