Head of Print Supplies Analytics
HP (www.hp.com) is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We provide technology and services that help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone everywhere.
In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds—so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate, and create what matters the most to them.
We believe in a Blended Reality created by the fusion of the physical and digital worlds. We believe everyone is a creator when empowered by intuitive, accessible technology. And we believe technology should work for you and adapt to your needs, context, and environment.
We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We will use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
Who we are
HP's Printing business unit is a core pillar in the HP offering set. We make the world's best printers and printer supplies, and the world's best personal computing systems. These products are our core business, which accounts for the vast majority of our approximately $48 billion of revenue.
We operate in large and dynamic markets, and while some of these are in secular decline, there's still lots of opportunity to grow our business by segmenting the opportunities, pursuing areas of profitable growth, and taking a larger share of the markets we target. We can grow our unfair share even as some markets shrink–if we're flexible, innovative, operationally excellent, and hyper-focused on the changing needs of our customers and the world around us. In our core business, we need to protect, defend, innovate, and grow.
To achieve our ambitious targets, we need to expand into new, but related, growth areas. We have an unmatched IP portfolio and the infrastructure and channel to bring new products and services to market. While our current product portfolio is HP's best ever, even better is yet to come. As we explore the frontiers of technology, we'll create, define—and lead—completely new market categories.
What we are looking for
Within HP's Printing Business Unit, the Supplies organization is chartered to manage short and long term strategies to enable supplies growth.
We are looking for an executive level leader with a high business acumen and strong analytical mindset to transform the Supplies analytical function to become a key enabler of business strategy. A successful analytics leader will direct a team of business analysts that use business data and statistical methods to provide insight into business performance, implement analytical approaches and methodologies and assists in the interpretation of supplies results and provide management visibility into data-driven insights for the Supplies and Printing businesses that inform the business's strategic direction and KPI's.
The role will lead:
- Big Data infrastructure for printing. Definition of the printing infrastructure to acquire customer printing data.
- Long term supplies forecasting.
- Short term supplies forecasting. Alignment with capacity plans.
- Insights factory for Supplies.
In this role, you will leverage existing Print business experience, business strategy and management know-how and a deep analytical background to lead the Supplies Analytics team and deliver data-driven, insightful recommendations to HP's management team. Additionally, you will partner with extended HP teams to convert identified growth opportunities into new businesses with topline contributions.
- Transform the analytics function for supplies to become an insights/action driven function.
- Define the data requirements/infrastructure to enable long term business decisions for supplies/printing.
- Drive long term supplies forecasting plans WW providing insights to long term business strategy.
- Drive short term supplies forecasting plans to maximize efficiency
- Develop best in class tools to enable data insights culture across the business teams.
- Recruit and develop team members and enhance their skills and capabilities through thought leadership, project work and one-to-one coaching.
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with HP business unit leaders. Work collaboratively across a global matrix organization to help build alignment and ensure prepare for successful execution
Role Requirements / Skills
- Superior strategic and analytical skills with ability to draw key insights and develop clear recommendations
- Simultaneously managed multiple initiatives on current business as well as future strategy, planning and new business development
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills in a team setting, including extended teams where members are not always direct reports
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to operate as a 'start up'
- Solid references that can quantify results and leadership abilities within a Fortune 500 company
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent with a focus in in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field
- Minimum 10+ years post-MBA experience in an Analytics leadership role, preferably a Printing company. The candidate will also have experience working in market/business intelligence, strategic planning, project management, and cross-functional business experience
Strong Business Acumen: The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify customer needs and use end-user knowledge to evolve services and create effective strategies and programs to drive business growth. This person must have the skills, experience, and market/customer insight to identify and capitalize upon emerging business trends and opportunities and exceed customer expectations.
Passion for Data and Analytics: The Analytics lead must be passionate and highly skilled in research and data analytics. A candidate for this position must, therefore, be skilled in transforming data and affecting business processes in order to support data governance and integrity.
Setting Strategy: The successful candidate will have the ability to set a vision, communicate that vision, and develop the goals and objectives to enable that vision. He / She will be able to combine their strategic acumen with their operating strength to ensure strategies and programs are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs. This person provides clear direction, sets clear priorities, and allocates resources to the highest value opportunities. Further, they understand how to optimize decision making and track / measure success to maximize value and drive revenue.
Driving Change: The successful candidate will have the experience to evaluate a current state operating model, identify performance improvement initiatives, and drive those initiatives into the organization without disrupting client service. Results Driven: The successful candidate will set compelling goals and will be tenacious in accomplishing them. He / She has an ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability, and achieve results.
Leading People: The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence who inspires, manages, coaches and respects people. He / She will have an inclusive style; they will build trust, frank dialogue and respect, and foster teamwork. This person will also have a clear commitment to developing key talent and building future leaders. He / She empowers team members and fosters a culture of accountability.
Collaborative: The successful candidate will have experience collaborating across a matrix as part of driving best practices.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top