Head of Corporate Affairs
We are seeking a game-changer that embraces a spirit of Reinvention as it relates to the role of strategic communications in driving our business forward. This role will report to the Chief Communications Officer and Head of Global Communications, Brand and Events, and will lead Corporate Affairs including corporate reputation/narrative, thought leader pillar programs, crisis and issues management, financial communications and influencer relations/strategic media. This individual will set the news agenda for the company and serve as a key lead on the CCO's team, driving collaboration and coordination across the communications organization. This individual will also serve as the point person for a range of public affairs and policy communications topics/issues.
The Corporate Affairs lead will be adept at prioritization, and being able to provide strategic counsel on an array of areas – including key programs and major corporate actions ranging from CEO positioning to M&A. In addition to strategic guidance, they will be adept at directly contributing to seeing through to execution strategic plans and initiatives with team members and agency partners.
This person will bring a clear point of view of defining corporate programming and will be comfortable challenging norms and driving initiatives forward by utilizing their ability to collaborate effectively across teams, and provide a keen focus on the most important outcomes that will support overall HP objectives. This includes the ability to weave a continuous narrative across an array of priority programs such as diversity, sustainability and others.
- Lead pan-HP's communications strategy
- Lead the development, execution and measurement of Executive Communications
- Lead pan-HP narrative and messaging
- Direct and lead a world-class team and agency (Edelman)
- Own strategic media relations and serve as a company spokesperson where required
- Counsel senior executives on critical communications issues
- Collaborate/strategize with PR managers who support HP's business groups to identify, develop and implement PR messaging and campaigns
- Ability to quickly set clear priorities, objectives and deliverables on key initiatives with the team and agency partners – driving them through to execution
- Facilitate and direct media training for senior executives on an as-needed basis
- Provide support and counsel to legal as needed on federal, state and local govt. relations strategy
- Track/measure success of communications campaigns and corporate initiatives
Requires BA in Journalism or Communications and 15+ years' experience, working in a publicly-traded corporate communications or agency environment, developing/implementing corporate communications programs and working with C-level executives. International experience, while not required, is a plus. Qualified candidates will:
- Have extensive corporate communications/media relations experience and solid experience serving as a company spokesperson
- Be a change agent and energized advocate for establishing world-class, proactive communications
- Be media savvy -- understand how the media works -- and possess a proven track record of excellent media relations experience
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Have a proven record of counseling senior executives
- Demonstrate sound judgment, instinct and intuition when dealing with the media, senior executives and highly sensitive issues
- Be a strong strategic thinker who can anticipate and capitalize on opportunities and identify and mitigate potential threats
- Have strong attention to detail
- Possess strong management skills with experience overseeing direct reports
- Demonstrate an ability to establish a sound point of view and provide firm recommendations to senior executives
- Work well under pressure and on deadline
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Be politically aware
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top