GSS Global Remote Support Engineer
The HP PageWide Web Press is a new industrial printing solution built on HP Scalable Inkjet Printing Technology. We have revolutionized the digital web press industry by offering full-color, variable data printing at unprecedented speeds and paper widths. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented senior technical support engineer to join us in this growing opportunity for HP.
As part of the remote technical support team, you will be an integral part of the effort helping to realize HP's inkjet high speed printing solutions & strategy. Join a team of engineers that provide mission critical remote support to customers around the global, allowing customers greater production value. Analyze, interpret information, develop and implement support plans to keep our customers running on these highly complex platforms
- Successfully resolve technical issues with high degrees of complexity (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external stakeholders, including direct customer contact and proactive notification systems
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on products, parts, and options, based on customer contracts
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for strategic programs and project, including tools, services and capabilities
- Consult and collaborate with customers to reduce down time related to preventive maintenance and share best practices; be an advocate for their success in using remote support to resolve issues
- Act as a team member to positively influence process improvements that improve our operations and drive customer satisfaction
- Responding with appropriate urgency based on customer needs, and direct elevations accurately to appropriate support tiers
- Represent the remote support team in face to face customer visits, including periodic on-site technical support
- Partners frequently with the extended support team, including Account Service Managers to drive a positive remote support experience
- Comfortable managing technical issues as well as customer interactions, ability to work and influence varying audiences across the business
- Ability to manage multiple tasks as needed to respond quickly to business needs
Education and Experience Required:
- First Level University degree: a) technical, b) non-technical (i.e., Bachelor of Arts/ Science). Typically 3-4 year completion beyond High School level, BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
- Specific knowledge and training with HP products. Knowledge of multiple product lines (for example, proactive, reactive, storage, enterprise systems, tier 2 or 3 support, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers.
- Ability to mentor new agents.
- Ability train peers on solutions.
- Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers.
- Ability to lead technical action plans.
- Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
- Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top