Graphics Solutions Services/Pagewide Web Press Global Install Project Manager
As one of GSS/PWP Install Project Managers, you'll play a key role in the success of the GSS and PWP businesses. You will visit each assigned customer site and work closely with them to plan for the press installation, highlighting any preparations, modifications needed to accommodate the press. You will work with logistics and operations to plan the install and the staffing required. You'll be responsible for the detailed plan of all the work to be done in order to successfully install the press and also lead the install team in executing the plan before handing the press off to the customer. In many instances custom press finishing hardware will be part of the end to end solution and you will work with the company providing the finishing hardware to align on install logistics. You will work closely with the PWP Operations team to identify opportunities to streamline the install process and functionality that will make validating press subsystems as the installation proceeds. You will track costs and results associated with each install so that we have a process of continuous improvement in our installation planning and execution.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 6 years relevant experience or, Master's degree in Engineering plus 4-6 years relevant experience. The qualification or experience should be highlighted with a solid leadership skills needed to work in dynamic global environment. A PMP qualification would be an advantage as would experience in a facilities engineering role.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated technical capability around machine/facilities hook-up or installation.
- Balance of strong troubleshooting and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver fast-track programs on time and within budget.
- Ability to define and leverage documentation standards.
- Demonstrated experience in working with external suppliers in an ordered and controlled manor.
- Solid process skills that enable you to work an environment of continual change.
- Fluency in English.
- Valid International Driver's License.
- Ability to work across organizations and geographies.
- Analytic ability in order to research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
- PMP qualification.
- Experience in the acquisition and buy-off of large scale tooling or equipment projects.
- Demonstrated Skills in Facilities hook-up.
- Knowledge and experience in Defect Tracking & Change Management processes.
- Skilled in use of CAD tools.
Ability to travel ~25%- 30% of the time to both Domestic and International to customer, contractor and HP Sites.
Core Technical Leadership
Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and in ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights.
Procurement and contract management
Ability to have structured and strategically driven negotiations with contractors and suppliers in line with HP's procurement structures and Standards of Business Conduct.
Project Leadership & Troubleshooting
Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives.
Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area-of-expertise, and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas.
Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success.
Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making.
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization.
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top