Graphic Solutions Business Inside Sales Supervisor
Inside Sales/Sales Development leader for HP's Graphics Solutions Business (GSB) in Americas. First responsibilities to include finalizing the Inside Sales/Sales Development “playbook” and hiring key talent in Rio Rancho. Looking for a collaborative leader who has mastered the art of multitasking. Will work closely with GSB Marketing on nurturing early funnel stage opportunities for HP Indigo, Pagewide Webpress, and Large Format business, with the ultimate goal of transferring highly-developed sales qualified leads to the outside sales team.
Typically supervises lower-level supervisors and/or highly-skilled non-exempt individual contributors in single functional area. Responsible for the supervision of activities and resources needed to support the day-to-day efforts of the department and to achieve the business plan. Provides general supervision to lower level supervisors and direct supervision to highly-skilled non-exempt employees. Provides direction and expertise to departmental teams and participates in cross-department initiatives. Acts as a point of escalation for subordinate employees as well as supervisors. Does not require day-to-day supervision, and has the ability to handle most unique situations. May need advice in order to make decision on complex business issues. Provides direction and expertise to departmental teams and participates in cross- department initiatives. Acts as a point of escalation for subordinate employees as well as other supervisors.
- Supervises a group of Inside Sales Representatives responsible for contacting customers via telephone for the purpose of selling products, services and supplies or demand generation to achieve unit goals and/or Sales Reps responsible for managing inbound calls and orders. Achieves unit revenue and expense objectives within assigned area.
- May have primary responsibility for supervision and development of first level Inside Sales Supervisors.
- Assists in the recruiting, training and development of Inside Sales Representatives and first level supervisors. Assists in planning Inside Sales strategies.
- Serves as an escalation point to engage appropriate resources for sales support issue resolution.
- Responsible for the supervision of activities and resources needed to facilitate the day-to-day efforts of the department and to achieve the business plan.
- Applies specialized subject matter knowledge to solve moderately complex issues with established guidelines.
- Works cross-functionally with Inside Sales Managers to assist with business plan development.
- As dictated by segment direction, may be responsible for driving outbound marketing campaigns, installed base initiatives, demo seed unit program, and additional projects as required by sales organizations.
- Responsible for employee career development, compensation, performance goals, monitoring and coaching, training, and new hire development.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Directly related experience as a supervisor for inside sales, including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
- Minimum of 2 years of business development experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to apply develop subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Works on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Solid understanding of sales process.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and Inside Sales skills working directly with customer and cross functional teams.
- Project Management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top