Global Trade Government Relations Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Global Trade Government Relations (GR) Manager, in partnership with the Global Trade Compliance officers, is responsible for coordinating the development of global trade public policy positions, being a liaison with the Global Trade team in the Finance Department, representing HP in critical trade-related industry associations and advance Trade position in industry associations in which GT is not engaged.
The position will report into the Government Relations Global Public Policy Lead and will coordinate closely with regional GR and GT teams to influence trade discussions on the ground in countries around the world.
The key responsibilities include:
- In consultation with HP businesses, global functions, the Head of World Wide GR and Global Trade, this position will project manage an annual process to update the company's senior leadership on the relative health of our market access/supply chain
- Develop positions and influencing strategy for global or regional trade agreements
- Contribute to the Enterprise Risk Management process on Anti-Globalization and trade-related risks
- Regularly update trade policy positions and assist the GR Public Policy team to distribute actionable content for use by advocacy teams inside and outside of GR
- Monitor legislation and consult with GT Compliance Officers to determine HP's position
- Ownership of trade-related industry associations such as ITI and National Foreign Trade Council
- Grow the network of relationships in key jurisdictions important to global trade
- Ensure all GA activities are conducted according to HP's Standards of Business Conduct.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top