Global Trade Country Lead Specialist
Global Trade is a compliance function reporting to Finance Controllership. It supports businesses and functions in meeting their obligations with import/export laws and regulations worldwide.
Global Trade's Trade Compliance Team is seeking a skilled and professional Subject Matter Expert in developing and updating trade policies and guidelines. The team provides guidance to HP business and supporting functions globally on matters related to trade compliance (customs and export compliance) to ensure they take the correct strategic, financial and operational decisions. Global Trade is committed to continuously improve through innovation, focusing in business enablement and operational efficiency.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommends appropriate alternatives in the areas of Customs valuation, classification and / or country of origin determinations. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provide support for the Global Trade Regional Trade Controls teams
- Facilitate and enhance business processes and trade activities, while interacting pro-actively with the business and global functions.
- Investigate potential/actual incidents working with the BU to identify root cause, determine corrective actions, and follow up to ensure closure
- Support the Global Trade Internal Controls Program
- Consult with individual businesses or functional areas within HP on specific topics related to import and export compliance and operational processes
- Assist businesses in identifying potential impacts on import compliance as a result of changes in supply chain
- Analyze data and/or conduct interviews to identify potential compliance issues
- Determine level of compliance with regulatory requirements and policies
- Prepare reports to management and maintains required metrics
- Prepare information in response to inquiries from government agencies and participating in discussions with authorities if necessary
- Prepare and delivers topic-specific training to pan-HP audience
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience and/or 3+ years of experience in an import/export global trade function, preferably with a large multi-national corporation or import/export service provider.
- Audit/assessment experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Basic understanding of World Trade Organization's Customs requirements
- Have working knowledge of all aspects of compliance including country of origin determination and origin marking, valuation methodologies, Free trade agreements, Free Trade zone requirements.
- Basic understanding of supply chain processes
- Ability to use analytical tools, models and methods
- Solid communication and influencing skills; mastery in English (written and verbal)
- Solid internal and external relationship management skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Basic understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives
- Team player who is willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Time management skills to enable efficient completion of multiple tasks/assignments
- Recognize high priority issues and escalate accordingly
- Collaborates across regions and business units
- Typically interacts with peers
- Typically leads small to moderate size projects
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top