Global Trade Compliance Auditor
HP Global Trade (GT) is a compliance function responsible to ensure HP compliance with all Export and Import laws and regulations of the countries in which HP operates. GT is part of the Finance function and reports into the HP Corporate Controller. GT develops all HP policies related to Export and Import and partners with the businesses to ensure compliance with those policies. GT also develops and provides relevant training courses to HP employees to increase their awareness and effectiveness at ensuring trade compliance. The GT Compliance Assurance function is responsible for the assessment of Import and Export transactions and trade related activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, identification of areas of improvement or noncompliance and oversight of corrective actions that minimize risk.
This position reports to the GT Compliance Assurance Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execution of GT's compliance assurance program by partnering with GT's Strategic Trade Compliance Program Manager
- Collaborate with the Strategic Trade Risk Program Manager on external audits, broker review, trade incidents, corrective actions and results
- Identify areas of potential risk and measurements of export and import compliance for all entities and functions
- Support an annual campaign with critical business functions to influence and promote the benefits of trade compliance
- Support development of awareness, trade educational programs, and tools
- Participate in the Internal Audit guest auditor program as a content expert within GT
- Conduct targeted assessments of business units and functional groups.
- Assist with formal audits coordinated by Global Trade Audit team or Internal Audit. Work with Control teams to coordinate quarterly transaction testing program
- Engage in ongoing trade compliance issues, initial risk and data analysis
- Support the profiling of high risk businesses and/or countries based on HP business models
- Report on audit risks, compliance issues, and corrective actions to the Strategic Trade Risk Manager
- Maintain expertise in both import and export regulations
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and develop recommendations.
- Execute Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- Mentors junior-level staff and establishes guidelines for the mentorship programs.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 4-5 years of experience in customs and export control compliance
- Audit / Assessment and Project Management expertise a definite plus
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent understanding of US and local export regulations including embargoes, sanction parties, licensing requirements, and anti boycott.
- Excellent understanding of national and international customs regulations
- Experience in performing audit is required
- Being part of an audit function is recommended
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; mastery in English
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
- Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Excellent understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management
- Excellent understanding in developing and managing a trade compliance program
- Ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team
- An eye for detail
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top