Global Head of Corporate Strategy
HP is a Fortune 100 technology company with $58+ Billion in revenue, with over 50,000 employees operating in more than 170 countries around the world. We provide technology and services that help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create simpler, more valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.
Who We Are
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to think big, have original ideas and express and share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP, we work across borders and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources, pool their big ideas to solve our biggest business opportunities. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That's how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
We are seeking an experienced results-oriented executive to lead Corporate Strategy for HP. This role will report directly to the Chief Strategy and Incubation Officer for HP and will have significant interaction across the Executive Leadership team level, particularly with the Business Unit Presidents, CFO, and CEO. There will also be interaction with HP's board of directors on corporate strategy matters.
This is an opportunity for a proven leader with a demonstrated track record of leading strategy and enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiatives in close partnership with business segments, particularly in a tech environment.
A successful leader in this role must drive for results with integrity, seek stakeholder-focused solutions, and bring a balance to long- and short-term priorities. The person must be able to work in a collaborative environment; be a self-starter and feel comfortable in an ambiguous, constantly evolving, fast-moving environment of shared accountability.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes
- Report directly to the Chief Strategy and Incubation Officer and serve as a key member of the Strategy and Incubation leadership staff
- Be a thought leader and influencer at the senior most levels within HP and at the Board of Director level
- Lead key strategic projects internally that have enterprise-wide implications on the various business segments and their own unique strategies
- Be an effective nurturer and developer of talent to continue to build a world class internal consulting team
- Be adept at measuring, building, and creating a "fun" culture for the team
- Develop a set of world class consulting processes, including a knowledge management strategy
- Lead the long-term strategic planning process for the company, in partnership with business leaders and key functional partners
- Drive continuous engagement with the executive leadership team on strategy review and iteration
- Analyze industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance
- Deliver analytically rigorous and data-driven insights to support actionable strategic recommendations, business prioritization, and enterprise strategy communications.
- Work collaboratively and effectively across a global matrix organization to build alignment and ensure successful execution
- Build and Maintain strong relationships with HP business unit leaders
- Lead a global 10-person organization for success. As part of this, reshape and transform the Corporate Strategy team to align to the strategic direction and needs of the company.
- Superior strategic and analytical skills with ability to draw key insights and develop clear recommendations
- Simultaneously manage multiple initiatives on strategy and planning
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills in a team setting, including extended teams where members are often not direct reports
- Intellectual agility and the ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts.
Education and Experience
- MBA or demonstrable equivalent
- Must be an excellent developer of high-powered consulting teams
- A minimum of 15 years' experience gained in a variety of leadership roles including time spent in both strategy and corporate development roles.
- Must have experience in the Tech industry, including semi-conductor, software or hardware.
- Ideal candidate will have experience gained at regional and global levels.
- The individual should have a track record of driving change and transformation and have demonstrated experience in large scale project execution.
- Should have the ability and desire to take on broad strategic operational assignments as part of future development.
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences, including the board level.
Performance and Personal Competencies
Delivers Results: The successful candidate must be able to deliver results in the organization. He/she will be well versed in performance management and accountability and be a strong business partner to the ELT and other senior executives.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible-in your career as well as the world around you.
Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline. Come to HP and thrive!