Global Head of Audit and Assurance – Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Global Head of Audit and Assurance - Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability
Global lead for HP's Audit and Assurance program. Duties include:
- Ensure compliance with local audit requirements and as-requested.
- Audit scope to include:
- environmental, health and safety risks
- energy and water efficiency
- Lead team of auditors, both internal and external. to deliver on-site and virtual audits at HP's global sites.
- Ensure successful ISO 14001 global certification and ISO 50001 certification at selected sites.
- Evaluate additional certifications for business value to HP.
- Oversee outsourcing partner for sites which they manage to ensure corrective action is taken and sites are in compliance.
- Manage EHS management program and provide training to key staff.
- Contribute to corporate reporting on related items.
- Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Manages and delegates multiple operations for high-impact and/or complex projects.
- Acts as the point of escalation for big issues or questions.
- Responsible for development of strategic training programs and leads implementation efforts on a global level.
- Sets up measures and metrics to be used in managing and mitigating risks.
- Acts as go-to consultant to lower levels in specialized technical area.
- Manages multiple, complex project budgets and strategizes how to cut costs.
- Strategizes and plans complex EHS initiatives that apply to HP regionally or globally; participates in strategic planning to align EHS programs with HP goals.
- Interacts frequently with corporate management and managers of other functions on a global basis to discuss EHS strategies.
- Implements highly complex management systems and aligns them with HP strategy.
- Works across business functions when necessary.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in related science field recommended; advanced degree in related science field strongly preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of experience in related field recommended.
- CIH or CSP preferred
- Certified assurance auditor preferred
- Strong understanding of ISO standards and requirements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of legislation and HP regulations across multiple provinces, states, or countries, generally and as applicable to a highly- specialized field.
- Broad and deep specialized technical abilities.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent ability to manage complex projects.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking, planning, and business acumen.
- Excellent ability to operate in complex, high stress environments in multiple countries.
- Excellent ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Excellent ability to evaluate projects from time-value standpoint.
- Excellent ability to work cross- culturally.
Back to top