Global Environmental Remediation Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Key global environmental position, responsible for managing soil and groundwater remediation and setting environmental strategies and policies as they relate to HP operations. Responsible for global environmental due diligence and developing environmental standards and guidelines to support HP operations and minimize environmental risk. Responsible for maintaining aspects of the EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) Management System, including ISO14001, and supporting the EHS Audit and Assurance Program.
Remediation responsibilities consist of developing risk-based, cost-effective strategies to discharge HP's environmental liabilities in compliance with laws and regulations. Develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure HP's environmental liabilities are properly managed. Actively manage and oversee approximately 25 environmental remediation projects, while establishing, maintaining and reporting on HP's environmental reserve.
Environmental Reporting and Operational Support
Responsible for working with other functions in HP to analyze Company-wide environmental performance data and recommend Company-wide goals and objectives. Responsible for providing information on HP's environmental data such as Hazardous Waste, TRI, PFCs, VOCs, NOVs, Spills and Releases to external customers through annual reports, surveys, and RFP responses. Provide support to Regional EHS leads regarding compliance with environmental laws, permitting, and regulatory inspections, and lead company responses to environmental NOVs, fines or penalties.
Responsible for global EHS due diligence, including developing processes with HP partner functions to ensure appropriate due diligence is conducted in association with mergers, acquisitions and real estate transactions. This includes environmental risk and exposure analysis for globally-led transactions and includes cost estimation to address potential EHS risks, integration costs, and strategies to manage EHS risks identified as part of a transaction. Must be familiar with global regulations driving environmental liabilities, as well as ASTM E1527 Phase I, Phase II, and Innocent Landowner protections under CERCLA.
Responsible for developing HP's policies, in conjunction with EHS Regional leads, regarding hazardous waste to ensure hazardous wastes are properly managed to minimize environmental risk, liability, and cost. Provide training and support to the regional leads as needed and ensure all HP's hazardous-waste vendors are audited and approved.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering
- Masters in Hydrogeology or Science preferred
- 10 years' experience as an environmental consultant or remediation manager conducting soil and groundwater contamination investigations and remediation
- Demonstrated results in negotiating with regulatory agencies
- Experience in leading consulting teams to perform tactical remediation work
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. federal, state and local environmental regulations regarding hazardous waste, universal waste, CFCs/halons, asbestos, lead-based paint, PCBs, air emissions control and permitting, storm water management, SARA Title 3 reporting and UST/AST fuel storage and delivery system management.
- Knowledge of major federal environmental requirements in Europe, South America, and Asia, including developing regulations, trends and issues
- Ability to set strategic goals and lead strategic initiatives
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interact with many levels of management and outside regulators, non-governmental organizations and the community.
Back to top