Global Engagements & Consulting Leader (Director)
- Vancouver, WA
The Global Engagements and Consulting Leader role is a critical part of the Commercial Services organization. Reporting directly to the Global Head of Commercial Services within the Print Services and Solutions organization, they are responsible for creating value within Managed Print Services (MPS) clients through effective sales, pursuit and technical consulting. They also lead the global Industry, Bid, Technical and Pursuit practices for MPS deals and are responsible for analyst and industry body engagement.
- Manage a team of employees who drive to develop and support strategic global engagements and partnerships.
- Develop strategy for Services and Solutions sales engagement with external and internal partnerships; this includes involvement in business development, technology and vertical consulting.
- Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities across the MPS sales and pursuit cycle and fully accountable for the success of the Engagement and Consulting management team.
- Influence offering strategy and set policy and direction by providing clear market requirements to offering development teams.
- Own the pipeline, win rate, revenue and OOP growth metrics across the d and pMPS space.
- Advise the Commercial Services executive management in influencing the strategic direction of the business.
- Works closely with business development colleagues and partner teams to increase awareness of MPS opportunities and engages with the appropriate HP executives to build long term client business opportunities for HP.
- Influences the organization to partner for near-term revenue growth, while at the same time, develop joint relationships, initiatives and programs for long-term sustained success.
- Aligns closely with Print Services and Solutions leadership and management, product management, Print Software and Print Design teams, Experience lead, technologists and labs partners to ensure the identification, pursuit, closure and tracking of customer opportunities to grow HP dMPS and pMPS revenue - engage in customer specific activities as needed.
- Engages market category and sales teams to fully leverage all of Services and Solutions products and technology offerings. This also includes linkages with HP Personal Systems where appropriate.
- Setting Strategy: The successful candidate will have the ability to set a vision, communicate that vision, and develop the goals and objectives to enable that vision. He / She will be able to combine their strategic acumen with their operating strength to ensure strategies and programs are grounded in a deep understanding of customer needs. This person provides clear direction, sets clear priorities, and allocates resources to the highest value opportunities. Further, they understand how to optimize decision making and track / measure success to maximize value and drive revenue.
- Leadership: The successful candidate will have the ability to lead effectively in a complex environment, and deliver results; able to influence without direct authority; able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative; an advocate for innovation and change across the organization, demonstrate thought leadership.Consults with business leaders at the CXO level to drive and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope (e.g., mitigating risk, approving significant programs/deals).
- Results Driven: The successful candidate will set compelling goals and will be tenacious in accomplishing them. He / She has an ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability, and achieve results.
- Leading People: The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence who inspires, manages, coaches and respects people. He / She will have an inclusive style; they will build trust, frank dialogue and respect, and foster teamwork. This person will also have a clear commitment to developing key talent and building future leaders. He / She empowers team members and fosters a culture of accountability.
- Collaborative: The successful candidate will have experience collaborating across a matrix as part of driving best practices.Effectively increases HP opportunities through the Value Added Sales program by building strategic relationships with market and client senior management, principles and decision makers; aligning client priorities to HP programs and offerings.
- Driving Change: The successful candidate will have the experience to evaluate a current state operating model, identify performance improvement initiatives, and drive those initiatives into the organization without disrupting client service.
- Growth Mindset: Understanding of the Growth Mindset model and framework. Anticipate using these skills.
- Strong Business Acumen: The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify customer needs and use end-user knowledge to evolve services and create effective strategies and programs to drive business growth. This person must have the skills, experience, and market/customer insight to identify and capitalize upon emerging business trends and opportunities and exceed customer expectations.
Education and Experience
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical or related field; MBA strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of business experience in Marketing, Business development, Product Management or related field
- Preferred understanding of the MPS sales and commercial process from a management perspective
- Typically 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong track record of customer empathy and a focus on quality
- Amazing analytical skills, passion for products and strong technical skills
- Proven business development and execution management experience
The location for this role can be flexible for the right candidate.
Back to top