Global Digital Project Management Lead
Today HP is a $50+ billion fortune 50 company with just under 50,000 employees worldwide across 190 countries. HP is about innovation, it's who we are and what we have been doing since 1939, we keep reinventing ourselves. Together we challenge convention, pushing each other to surprise the world.
We are looking for a talented Technical Project Manager who is driven, enthusiastic and a proactive problem solver. As a team member of the Digital Marketing Transformation team, you will help drive change in HP Inc, transforming HP lnc's commercial and consumer business by harnessing the power and benefits of digital technology in response to the shifts in customer behaviour, delivering a superior one-to-one customer experience across the customer journey, to fuel growth and drive revenue.
You will serve as the glue at the center of cross-functional Digital Marketing Technology team managing multiple projects concurrently ensuring projects remain on track and issues are identified and effectively managed. The ideal candidate will contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment to build and enhance working relationships across the organization and with external vendors as well as coach and mentor a team of PM's.
To succeed, you will need to have a passion for marketing, a solid understanding of Martech, and, have led projects that involve significant change management, be comfortable with ambiguity, manage complexity and multiple work streams with ease, and exude excellent communication skills. Backed by your collaborative, proactive manner, extensive experience across a variety of project types, and in-depth knowledge of project management best practices, you know how to run projects smoothly.
As the Global lead, you will oversee the tech roadmap and all associated projects, managing project briefs with workstream leads to ensure the right budgets, internal and external resources are identified, roadmaps and associated timelines are clearly mapped and tracked and that any dependencies or cross-functional projects are factored in and the necessary collaboration and coordination plans established to move forward seamlessly across the various functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides project management expertise and leadership to a multi-functional core team, ensures implementation and compliance of procedures and improvements of systems, procedures and documentation.
- Plans and directs all aspects of software/systems projects. Establishes project plans and objectives, establishes and manages the project schedule and budget, manages resources, tracks progress and provides updates to management. Works closely with the Program Office, Project Managers, and functional heads to resolve resource allocation issues, conflicts, and priorities and to ensure projects are staffed appropriately, completed on time, and within budget constraints.
- Leads/participates in process improvement initiatives related to technology stack solutions and software, resource management and allocation and other areas that impact cycle time, efficiencies, and compliance in the digital space.
- Communicates and presents regular and timely project status updates to various levels of the organization including the management team.
- As necessary, performs other duties as required to support the PMO.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, privacy and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage a team of 3 Project Junior managers
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in a matrixed environment, establishing a sphere of influence with both the functional and vertical organizations
- Drive cultural change through implementation of best practices in project teams
- Keep project teams focused and motivated. Proactively work to keep the projects on schedule
- Proficient in the use of Project Management Tools for planning, work breakdown, scheduling, task estimation, and collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience interacting with executive management on a regular basis
- Excellent advocacy and persuasive skills
- Organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Ability to flex as situations change and problem solve creative solutions in real-time, communicating well with those around you and keeping the team and project on track
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to assess a problem quickly and determine to what level it should be elevated to, directing the issue to the correct person(s)
- Share best practice project management skills with the broader PM team.
- Requires a bachelor's degree Computer science, Informatics or equivalent training
- Certificate in Project Management (PMP) and/or Portfolio Management (PPMC) preferred
- 5-8 years' experience in tech OR similar industry
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience managing a variety of large-scale digital projects at a fast-paced tech company or agency.
- Experience in Digital technology transformation including: an understanding of marketing automation tools, CMP, Adtech and Adobe applications
- Experience in managing projects from inception to implementation
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Strong understanding of AI and ML principles
- Black belt certification is an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables, & Graphs, PowerPoint: Graphics & Animation. Experience on Atlassian would be great, but not essential.
- Smart sheet experience
Back to top