Global Consultant, Device as a Service
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Today, we live in an “everything as a service” world - entertainment, food, fitness, and many consumer and professional services. Commercial organizations should be to able consume technology in that same way to get end-to-end device, support, and IT services they need while having more predictable spend and fleet refreshes.
HP Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) delivers a modern consumption model that simplifies how commercial organizations equip users with the right hardware, support, fleet management, and lifecycle services to get the job done - improving end-user productivity, IT efficiency, and cost predictability.
Your job is to help HP's global sales and pursuit teams to position and develop DaaS with large customers and deliver solutions in a consistent and agile way.
You will apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives. You will work on problems of diverse complexity and scope. You will act as a project leader providing direction to regional activities and facilitating information validation throughout the decision process. You will exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and develop a solution.
- Define and implement a process and strategy for winning large Global DaaS Deals. Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts to improve opportunity qualification/shaping and to increase global deal win rates
- Closely involved in establishing and maintaining effective program governance
- Organize and shape an engagement team's strategy to drive success
- Plan, coordinate, and host strategic pursuit reviews, global workshops, and recurring synchronization meetings
- Improve business visibility and serve as the “organizational hub” for all matters related to the development of Global DaaS Deals. Provide both assisted and un-assisted support to sales and pursuit during deal structuring
- Actively educate and engage others (Account team, Engagement Managers, Solution Architects, etc.) on HP business solutions, deal requirements and challenges to facilitate effective RFP (Request for Proposal) /RFI (Request for Information) responses, successful close, and client satisfaction
- Act as a project leader providing direction to cross-functional team activities
- Respond to service, product, sales and finance questions on subjects such as policies and processes.
- Competently able to engage with client leadership executives (CIO), functional business managers and senior IT executives
- Trusted account leadership with sales, pursuit, delivery and support organizations.
- Contributes artifacts to the pursuit knowledge base
Education and Experience Required
- At least 5 years total experience with 2+ years of post-MBA (or advanced degree) experience
- Management consulting experience highly desired
- Demonstrated quantifiable results of leading business strategy & operational projects at a corporate/business level; demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience in technology services industry preferred
- MBA highly desired, or advanced university degree. Bachelor's degree required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of company organization, policies and service knowledge. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a passion for excellence, resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Ability to interact with management and executive management team without hesitation. Ability to manage projects, to improve systems and internal processes
- Capacity to work across several functional teams. Advanced judgment, negotiation and problem-solving skills. Superior interpersonal skills
- Outstanding follow through and organizational ability
- Due diligence skills, positioning and deal-shaping
- Consultative sales support
- Client awareness creation, large Account Team influencing and enlistment
- Consultative selling (analysis, solution selling, relationship building)
- Strong leadership skills
- Sales Skills such as negotiating, proposal development, and account planning
Back to top